first off, this blog has a lot of errors, and i have no time to fix them...but enjoy!
Okay so now that it is well over, and all the hoop la and such is done and delt with, this is my look back on the te days overall.
First off: Work. It went as planned for the most part, i was on a wacky schedule of hours and shifts, but all with the same age group which was for the best. I would have much rather preferred working with the Koalas...or better known as the four and five year olds. but, hey, you get what you get. I was just happy to have the hours. So going to work everyday was sort of stressfull simply because I wasnt used to the idea of a full 8 sometimes 10 hour day everyday. And the hours that i was working didnt allow for me to create a pattern. Every day was hot, and it seemed perfect because mother nature created this gorgeous, bareable weather just in time for spring break! I was thrilled abou tthat, but nt so thrilled about enjoying it from the confort of an un-air conditioned building filled with 30+ toddlers, and one pretty bitchy morning teacher. Or better yet from the bee infested side yard where the children seemingly fried for four hours a day. But neverthless, it was enjoyable at best.
Now let me tell you about those darn bees, they are your typical yellow and black with the occasional red, and orange working, high class, american bees...only these bees are at a great disadvantage because their nest is smack dab in the middle of a playground that is always filled with curious children who love to throw sticks and rocks...and with that said, during the five days at work i saw my share of alligator tears, stemmed from the fright of a bee sting. Even in the mirrior! Yes! I got stung too, right on the edge of my big toe, and man oh man I was not happy. It hurt, and on top of that I broke out in some sort of allergic reaction that didn't go over too well with my boss when i had to leave work to get some tlc. In the end i was presented with a check for 20= hours with the amount of...drum roll please..... $105.06. Yeah, what a downer, but oh well, It was my fault for expecting more.=/
Second: Friends/socializing. I really didnt leave myself enough time to so anything special with my friends. Yers of course I spent most of my freetime talking about boys and fantasizing about what to do with my paycheck with Elizabeth, but that is typical. I do it everyday...not that i dont love it though! But as I look back now, I sincerely wish I would have given myself more time to do something out of the orodinary. It wasnt until the weekend before school started that the steady flow of friends im used to kicked in. Daisy stopped by a couple times just to chat and hang out, Simrri too. And after I payed Aly a surprise visit, I felt that the friendship circle so to speak had become complete.
Third: Easter. Okay so this years Easter was rather low key compared to other years. There was no dress shopping for a cute Easter outfit, no egg hunting even for Jayme, and nothing besides church that really made me feel Eastery. Of course I knwo that isnt the reason for the season, but honestly i like the feeling of gettign ready, making a big dinner, sharing it with friends and fmaily, and just the whole Easter jitters in general. This year we didnt even have a big dinner. We had a small ham which is sadly still somewhere in the fridge 1/3 eaten, scalloped potatoes, and deviled eggs, but that was a small meal compared to other years like i said. Actually, it seems that since we have moved here to reno that we never really have big holiday celebrations. i guess it seems like a waste to create such a big deal over so little. Its only me, mom, and grandma, and Jayme, and sometiems it is too much work. I think i was so accustomed to my grandma Dell and aunt Judy already having an extravagant meal reading and on the table when the crown of family arrived. That was always a treat, and I obviously never thought about how much they really put into it.
anyway moving on, this spring break was eventful, yet lazy, and honestly I couldnt have asked for more. A productive ten days with no school!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
After Spring Break
Posted by Emily at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment